Monday, October 10, 2011

Yellow is for Spongebob!

Today was the first day of yellow week. We began the day with our regular routine - wake up, get some milk and cereal, spill the cereal all of the floor (on purpose) and say "uh-oh", feed the baby and watch Spongebob. Usually, after we watch Spongebob Mickey Mouse Clubhouse comes on the Disney channel. However, since today was Columbus day and all the big kids were out of school (I guess) they showed big kid shows and no Mickey Mouse. Bri went took a nap early this morning too so we began our learning early as well. It was so cute when I told Eli it was time to go to the table and do our school work and he ran to his chair screaming yeah!! I hope he keeps that excitement :)

If you know anything about Eli, you know he is a Spongebob fanatic! So what better way to introduce the color yellow than with his pal Bob. We started with a yellow piece of construction paper and some Spongebob stickers that Grandmom gave him. He loves peeling stickers and it's great fine motor skill practice for him. He then picked out a Spongebob coloring sheet and we only used the color yellow to color. We practiced saying yellow and pointed at other things in the house that were also yellow. We then ran (literally) into his room and put his Spongebob papers on his bulletin board. This by the way, is his most favorite part!


We then read The Lonely Firefly and played in his yellow room!


After we read our book - Eli decided he wanted to take my picture. He's my little assistant in the making :) However, I've got to teach him to point the camera at other people and not just himself. He's so cute - he puts the camera up to himself and says cheese :) Once Sissy woke up we did one of our favorite activities at the moment - "playing" the piano. I can't play very well but I can peck out some notes and he helps :) However, we were interrupted by a knock on the front door. When I looked out the window to see who it could possibly be I saw it was OS Florist. Shocked, I opened the door and the nice man handed me a beautiful vase of daisies and an anniversary balloon. My sweet husband had sent me flowers to celebrate the day he first told me he loved me. How blessed of a woman I am! A sweet and romantic husband and two absolutely beautiful children! Today was a great Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment