Sunday, October 30, 2011

They Think We're Just Playin'

The past couple of days we have done a lot of playing in our house! We recently converted a guest bedroom to a playroom for the kids and we're putting it to good use. The other night my Daddy (their Grampa) came over to play for awhile. I love watching my Daddy play with his grandkids. It reminds me of all the fun we had playing together while I was growing up. Eli absolutely loves his Grampa! Grampa is a lot of the reason that Eli is so rough, lol. They love to wrestle and play ball. But on this day, their play of choice was cars. Eli loves cars and he even gave Bri a car that she gets to play with. They both enjoyed Grampa showing them how to properly play with their city road rug!







Eli also loves to help me with housework (sometimes). One of his favorite chores is doing dishes. Most likely it's because he enjoys the water but I choose to believe it's just because he likes to help. I often wish I had a dishwasher and probably complain about it a little bit. But, every now and again when my little man is "helping" me wash dishes, I am thankful that we get that time together.




I have to admit that my husband is an amazing father. I am so blessed to have a man who enjoys spending time with his children and does so much to help me with them. On this, Sunday afternoon, Eli had a chance to get some play time with his Daddy. Eli loves to immitate everything his Daddy does. They were playing ball and Scott began to juggle. Yes, he's very talented ;) And before we knew it Eli began to "juggle" himself. It was so cute. Enjoy this video and enjoy his Mommy and Daddy laughing at him :)


Whether it's playing cars, doing dishes or juggling - it's spending time with our children. I love Trace Adkins' song "Just Fishin'" (Click the purple words to hear the song and view the video). To the kids we're just playing, they don't realize that we're making memories. Although they won't remember these days, these are days that their Mommy and Daddy will cherish forever. The days where Mommy & Daddy are all they need and they can make everything alright in the world.

My precious babies are growing up way too fast! I can hardly believe that Eli is already two years old and before I know it he'll be starting school, graduating school, going to college, getting married and then having babies of his own. I don't want to miss any moment of his or his sister's life.

I cherish the times where we're just playing, because before I know it they'll be few and far between. More importantly I love making memories with my kids and spending time with them. I am so blessed that God chose me to be Eli and Brianna's Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment