Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!

Long time, no blog! This Mommy has been super busy. Thankfully, I had 25 photo sessions during the month of October and have already done 5 session this month. So needless to say, all my "extra time" has been devoted to editing. I can not thank God enough for blessing me with such great business. It sure is making Christmas shopping a lot easier. By the way, can you believe Christmas is just a little over 40 days away? Even harder to believe is that I am almost finished with my shopping - except for my kids.

But Christmas isn't here yet and today is Veteran's Day. Ever November 11th we take a moment to remember all those who sacrificed for our country. Our family is lucky enough to know a few veterans personally. Scott works with three veterans at Sharps. So we thought we would take this opportunity to do something special for them.

Yesterday, Eli made cards for Jon, Josh and Mr. Jerry. (I just realized that Scot must feel left out at work by not being a J name, lol). We talked a little about soldiers and that they protect us. We sang "The Lord's Army" while he colored. He loves that song - our favorite part is flying over the enemy!

Eli only got to color with the colors red and blue. He is getting so good at his coloring. I have noticed him beginning to really pay attention and trying to stay in the lines. He makes small little strokes with his crayons and then sometimes he just goes crazy :)




Then, this morning Daddy and I made biscuits with sausage and cheese for him to take to his work. Thank-you for your service to our country Jon, Josh and Mr. Jerry. We are forever grateful to you and all the other servicemen and women who protect our country.

I was so excited today to get a great photo of my kiddos. Eli was hugging on Bri and I actually caught it with my camera. Here are a few snapshots from earlier today. Happy Veteran's Day!






My sweet babies!



No comments:

Post a Comment